ZH OpenEMR announces lab interface for OpenEMR
The interface will save providers time and money by simplifying workflows and reducing the number of unpaid orders. Clinical and operational quality will improve due to the reduction of manual entry errors and timeliness of lab results. The interoperability and integration of structured lab result data will also help providers meet criteria for meaningful use. In addition, patient satisfaction will improve as a result of receiving faster lab results and the ability to access and share results using the ZH Patient Portal.
Shameem C. Hameed, Chairman of ZH Healthcare, states, “ZH Healthcare is committed to the ongoing evolution of ZH OpenEMR and interoperability like the Lab Interface is an important piece. We began by bundling lab integration into our hosted ZH OpenEMR package and will now offer this integration as a service for community version OpenEMR practices.” Hameed further explains, “There is a large population who use the community version of OpenEMR that needed lab integration services. To respond to this need, we now offer the ZH Healthcare Lab Interface Subscription and Lab Interface Go-Live Service.”
Practices such as Pulmonary Group of Central Florida have achieved noticeable improvements since their implementation and use of the Lab Interface with Quest Diagnostics. Dr. Jose Diaz reports, “The workflow in the office has greatly improved. I no longer have to try and find the lab results because the labs are automatically uploaded into the patient’s chart.” Dr. Marjery N. López-Acevedo adds, “The integration of the ZH Healthcare Lab Interface and the labs saves my staff time every day. They no longer have to print, scan and import the results. This saves us both time and money”.
Earlier this year the ZH Healthcare’s Lab Interface achieved Production Interface Certification from Quest Diagnostics and is in the process of meeting the requirements for certification in the Quest Diagnostics Health IT Quality Solutions™ Program. The program certifies services based on Quest Diagnostic standards for lab data quality and streamlined interoperability. The certification is another example of ZH Healthcare’s commitment to leadership and quality in the health information technology industry and OpenEMR community. ZH Healthcare plans to expand to additional lab service providers in the future.
The new ZH Healthcare Lab Interface offering is a low cost monthly subscription for practices that are using the community version of OpenEMR. It is complemented with a Setup and Training (Go-Live) service that includes installation, configuration, testing and training of staff to use and administer the ZH Healthcare Lab Interface module.
- Judith Van Walsum Joins ZH Healthcare BoardOct 30 , 2018
- CarePortMD Picks blueEHR-HITaaS eHealth Platform to Roll Out Kiosk-Delivered TelemedicineSep 28 , 2018
- blueEHR doubles SaaS revenue, surpasses business expectations in 2017Jan 17 , 2018
- ZH Healthcare announces blueEHR collaboration with Sanford Health to enable global healthcareSep 19 , 2017
- ZH Healthcare Announces blueEHR Mid-Year Growth, Client Expansion, SuccessAug 17 , 2017
- At the Intersection of Health Transformation, ZH Healthcare Exhibits at HIMSS17Feb 10 , 2017
- ZH Healthcare Launches New Unified Brand:‘blueEHR’Jan 06 , 2017
- ZH Healthcare 2015 Letter from the Chairman, Shameem C. HameedFeb 19 , 2016
- blueEHR is now ONC Certified as a 2014 Meaningful Use Complete Ambulatory EHRJan 15 , 2016
- Obama Signs Law Giving Providers MU Hardship ExemptionsDec 31 , 2015
- CMS Finalizes Medicare Payment Rules for 2016Nov 30 , 2015
- CMS final rule makes Stage 2 easier for providersNov 01 , 2015
- RIMS Medical College to use ZH Healthcare’s blueEHR – “Health IT as a Service”Oct 15 , 2015
- Medicare Advantage premiums remain stable; enrollment at all-time highSep 23 , 2015
- Are you ready for ICD-10? blueEHR can help youSep 09 , 2015
- CMS Accepts 12-Month Grace Period for ICD-10Sep 03 , 2015
- AMA Supports Legislative Effort to Revise the Meaningful Use ProgramAug 26 , 2015
- ZH Healthcare Adds Sid Pandit to Advisory BoardAug 08 , 2015
- ZH Healthcare unveils Health IT as a Service (HITaaS)Jul 29 , 2015
- Emdeon clearinghouse is now integrated with blueEHR!Jul 06 , 2015
- OSEHRA Summit 2015: Open source health record allianceJun 11 , 2015
- ZH Healthcare Adds Benval Group Executive to Advisory BoardJan 23 , 2015
- ZH OpenEMR announces lab interface for OpenEMRApr 22 , 2014
- ZH Healthcare announces membership with Virginia Association of Charitable ClinicsApr 22 , 2014
- TECH BIZNOWApr 22 , 2014
- ZH Healthcare offers the next step in OpenEMR patient portal with progressive new featuresApr 22 , 2014
- Introducing patient portal for OpenEMRApr 22 , 2014