RIMS Medical College to use ZH Healthcare’s blueEHR – “Health IT as a Service”
Today, October 15, 2015, McLean, VA: ZH HealthcareTM (ZHTM) based in Washington, D.C., the creators of blueEHRTM , a Health IT as a ServiceTM (HITaaSTM) platform announced that the Rural Institute of Medical Science(RIMS), an accredited medical college, will implement ZH’s HITaaS platform for their 300 bed hospital and nursing school.
RIMS – (Rural Institute of Medical Science) Is a project of Specialty Hospitals Group Pvt. Ltd. The RIMS Hospital at Nedumangadu, in Kerala, India, is a 300 bed hospital which has played a pivotal role in elevating the standards of healthcare in the region where their impact has been remarkable. Incorporated in 2003, RIMS is the prime choice of patients due to its state-of-the-art facilities and their qualified physicians. The hospital prides itself on its: 24-hour emergency department, critical care department, medical and surgical facilities, and an exceptional OBGYN department.
John G Kuruvilla, Managing Director, Specialty Hospitals Group, Pvt. Ltd., stated “Healthcare in Kerala is the best in India and is on par with some of the developed countries in the world. However, healthcare technology has yet to catch up. A world class cutting edge solution like blueEHR-HITaaS will not only help RIMS but also elevate the level of technology in the state, consequently helping both patients and doctors. “
blueEHR-HITaaS (Health IT as a Service) is now being used by over 5,000 users primarily from outpatient facilities from 65 countries. The demand for blueEHR is on the rise, monthly sign-ups from doctors and practices is 400 and growing. The blueEHR-HITaaS platform is now adding the hospital management systems to its vast library of modules, which include:
|Admissions and Registration||Doctors desk|
|Laboratories||Critical care/Emergency Medicine|
|Radiology and Pacs||Operation theater mgmt.|
|Ward and bed management||Online Scheduling|
|Telemedicine-Video Stations||Payment platform|
|Medical/health Records||Finance Interface(through APIs)|
Shameem C. Hameed, Chairman and CEO of ZH Healthcare, stated that “With the addition of the hospital modules, blueEHR-HITaaS will now become the go-to-solution for all those hospitals and clinics that are now paying way too much for their HMS. The ZH Healthcare solution for hospitals and clinics is available at a fraction of the cost for comparable systems. It is great news for the entire developing world. The platform was created to make Healthcare IT easy and affordable which in turn will bring high end healthcare technology to the people all over the globe.”
Health information technology is highly specialized within expertise, additionally, compliance and regulatory frameworks must be followed. Thus, the current state of health IT can be intricate, complex, and costly requiring significant time and resources to develop a solution that properly accounts for all constituents.
Healthcare is an area where technology can bring lifesaving impact to the human population. Governments across the world are recognizing the need for more technology leveraged healthcare systems for their countries. With increased internet access globally now more people have access to the tools and technologies that can make a significant difference in their healthcare. Further, entrepreneurs and innovators everywhere are coming up with bright ideas to serve these populations.
ZH Healthcare’s goal is to make Health Information Technology and electronic health records accessible and affordable for everyone. With this objective in mind, ZH developed a cloud based Platform as a Service (PaaS) for healthcare providers, whether organizations or doctors, to quickly build and deploy their Health IT solutions using a set of tools and modules available on the cloud with minimal time and cost.
Using blueEHR-HITaaS an entrepreneur need not reinvent tools to get their project off the ground, instead they can reconfigure the modules that are required to complete their solution. ZH has already developed major components and continues to add to the module library, also additional modules can be contributed by users. ZH has entered into agreements with laboratories, electronic prescription networks, clearinghouses, health information exchanges, and other entities that form the health information network, developing this network from scratch could take years. Further, the solution is delivered on a cloud based regulatory compliant platform. Finally, having configured the solution the entrepreneur can white label and commercialize the solution.
ZH Healthcare Partners from across the world have leveraged the platform to develop various solutions. Examples include: a fully Arabic and regionalized platform for the Middle East, an EHR exclusively for the sleep study market which is about $35 billion per year, a health IT solution for the long-term care industry, a chronic care management patient engagement tool, and a video consultation application. Key among these is an EHR for outpatient clinics that is highly customizable with configurable treatment plans and clinical processes.
About RIMS – (Rural Institute of Medical Science)
RIMS – (Rural Institute of Medical Science) Is a project of Specialty Hospitals Group Pvt. Ltd. The RIMS Hospital at Nedumangadu, in Kerala, India, is a 300 bed hospital which has played a pivotal role in elevating the standards of healthcare. Incorporated in 2003, RIMS is the prime choice of patients due to its state-of-the-art facilities and their qualified physicians. The hospital prides itself on its: 24-hour emergency department, critical care department, medical and surgical facilities, and an exceptional OBGYN department.
- blueEHR is now ONC Certified as a 2015 Meaningful Use EHR SystemDec 24 , 2020
- blueEHR®Health IT Platform awarded Public Health Management Corporation contractFeb 20 , 2020
- Redefining Integrated Care and Behavioral Health EHR systemsApr 23 , 2019
- Judith Van Walsum Joins ZH Healthcare BoardOct 30 , 2018
- CarePortMD Picks blueEHR-HITaaS eHealth Platform to Roll Out Kiosk-Delivered TelemedicineSep 28 , 2018
- ZH Healthcare announces blueEHR collaboration with Sanford Health to enable global healthcareSep 19 , 2017
- ZH Healthcare Announces blueEHR Mid-Year Growth, Client Expansion, SuccessAug 17 , 2017
- ZH Healthcare’s blueEHR Platform Selected as Workflow and EHR Innovation Provider for Curavi Health Telemedicine CompanyJun 06 , 2017
- At the Intersection of Health Transformation, ZH Healthcare Exhibits at HIMSS17Feb 10 , 2017
- ZH Healthcare Launches New Unified Brand:‘blueEHR’Jan 06 , 2017
- RIMS Medical College to use ZH Healthcare’s blueEHR – “Health IT as a Service”Oct 20 , 2016
- The First Arabic EHR Leverages HITaaSAug 06 , 2016
- ZH Healthcare adds new Advisory Board member; continues growthJun 03 , 2016
- ZH Healthcare Adds Sid Pandit to Advisory BoardApr 03 , 2016
- ZH Healthcare 2015 Letter from the Chairman, Shameem C. HameedFeb 19 , 2016
- RIMS Medical College to use ZH Healthcare’s blueEHR – “Health IT as a Service”Oct 15 , 2015
- ZH Healthcare Adds Sid Pandit to Advisory BoardAug 08 , 2015
- blueEHR is now ONC Certified as a 2014 Meaningful Use Complete Ambulatory EHROct 25 , 2014