RIMS Medical College to use ZH Healthcare’s blueEHR – “Health IT as a Service”
ZH Healthcare won the contract to provide a cloud based Hospital Management System to the Rural Institute of Medical Science. blueEHR-HITaaS (Health IT as a Service) is now available to clinics and hospitals globally.
Today, October 15, 2015, McLean, VA: ZH HealthcareTM (ZHTM) based in Washington, D.C., the creators of blueEHRTM , a Health IT as a ServiceTM (HITaaSTM) platform announced that the Rural Institute of Medical Science(RIMS), an accredited medical college, will implement ZH’s HITaaS platform for their 300 bed hospital and nursing school.
RIMS – (Rural Institute of Medical Science) Is a project of Specialty Hospitals Group Pvt. Ltd. The RIMS Hospital at Nedumangadu, in Kerala, India, is a 300 bed hospital which has played a pivotal role in elevating the standards of healthcare in the region where their impact has been remarkable. Incorporated in 2003, RIMS is the prime choice of patients due to its state-of-the-art facilities and their qualified physicians. The hospital prides itself on its: 24-hour emergency department, critical care department, medical and surgical facilities, and an exceptional OBGYN department.
John G Kuruvilla, Managing Director, Specialty Hospitals Group, Pvt. Ltd., stated “Healthcare in Kerala is the best in India and is on par with some of the developed countries in the world. However, healthcare technology has yet to catch up. A world class cutting edge solution like blueEHR-HITaaS will not only help RIMS but also elevate the level of technology in the state, consequently helping both patients and doctors. “
blueEHR-HITaaS (Health IT as a Service) is now being used by over 5,000 users primarily from outpatient facilities from 65 countries. The demand for blueEHR is on the rise, monthly sign-ups from doctors and practices is 400 and growing. The blueEHR-HITaaS platform is now adding the hospital management systems to its vast library of modules, which include:
|Admissions and Registration||Doctors desk|
|Laboratories||Critical care/Emergency Medicine|
|Radiology and Pacs||Operation theater mgmt.|
|Ward and bed management||Online Scheduling|
|Telemedicine-Video Stations||Payment platform|
|Medical/health Records||Finance Interface(through APIs)|
Health information technology is highly specialized within expertise, additionally, compliance and regulatory frameworks must be followed. Thus, the current state of health IT can be intricate, complex, and costly requiring significant time and resources to develop a solution that properly accounts for all constituents.Shameem C. Hameed, Chairman and CEO of ZH Healthcare, stated that “With the addition of the hospital modules, blueEHR-HITaaS will now become the go-to-solution for all those hospitals and clinics that are now paying way too much for their HMS. The ZH Healthcare solution for hospitals and clinics is available at a fraction of the cost for comparable systems. It is great news for the entire developing world. The platform was created to make Healthcare IT easy and affordable which in turn will bring high end healthcare technology to the people all over the globe.”
Healthcare is an area where technology can bring lifesaving impact to the human population. Governments across the world are recognizing the need for more technology leveraged healthcare systems for their countries. With increased internet access globally now more people have access to the tools and technologies that can make a significant difference in their healthcare. Further, entrepreneurs and innovators everywhere are coming up with bright ideas to serve these populations.
ZH Healthcare’s goal is to make Health Information Technology and electronic health records accessible and affordable for everyone. With this objective in mind, ZH developed a cloud based Platform as a Service (PaaS) for healthcare providers, whether organizations or doctors, to quickly build and deploy their Health IT solutions using a set of tools and modules available on the cloud with minimal time and cost.
Using blueEHR-HITaaS an entrepreneur need not reinvent tools to get their project off the ground, instead they can reconfigure the modules that are required to complete their solution. ZH has already developed major components and continues to add to the module library, also additional modules can be contributed by users. ZH has entered into agreements with laboratories, electronic prescription networks, clearinghouses, health information exchanges, and other entities that form the health information network, developing this network from scratch could take years. Further, the solution is delivered on a cloud based regulatory compliant platform. Finally, having configured the solution the entrepreneur can white label and commercialize the solution.
ZH Healthcare Partners from across the world have leveraged the platform to develop various solutions. Examples include: a fully Arabic and regionalized platform for the Middle East, an EHR exclusively for the sleep study market which is about $35 billion per year, a health IT solution for the long-term care industry, a chronic care management patient engagement tool, and a video consultation application. Key among these is an EHR for outpatient clinics that is highly customizable with configurable treatment plans and clinical processes.
About RIMS – (Rural Institute of Medical Science)
RIMS – (Rural Institute of Medical Science) Is a project of Specialty Hospitals Group Pvt. Ltd. The RIMS Hospital at Nedumangadu, in Kerala, India, is a 300 bed hospital which has played a pivotal role in elevating the standards of healthcare. Incorporated in 2003, RIMS is the prime choice of patients due to its state-of-the-art facilities and their qualified physicians. The hospital prides itself on its: 24-hour emergency department, critical care department, medical and surgical facilities, and an exceptional OBGYN department.
- Judith Van Walsum Joins ZH Healthcare BoardOct 30 , 2018
- CarePortMD Picks blueEHR-HITaaS eHealth Platform to Roll Out Kiosk-Delivered TelemedicineSep 28 , 2018
- blueEHR doubles SaaS revenue, surpasses business expectations in 2017Jan 17 , 2018
- ZH Healthcare announces blueEHR collaboration with Sanford Health to enable global healthcareSep 19 , 2017
- ZH Healthcare Announces blueEHR Mid-Year Growth, Client Expansion, SuccessAug 17 , 2017
- At the Intersection of Health Transformation, ZH Healthcare Exhibits at HIMSS17Feb 10 , 2017
- ZH Healthcare Launches New Unified Brand:‘blueEHR’Jan 06 , 2017
- ZH Healthcare 2015 Letter from the Chairman, Shameem C. HameedFeb 19 , 2016
- blueEHR is now ONC Certified as a 2014 Meaningful Use Complete Ambulatory EHRJan 15 , 2016
- Obama Signs Law Giving Providers MU Hardship ExemptionsDec 31 , 2015
- CMS Finalizes Medicare Payment Rules for 2016Nov 30 , 2015
- CMS final rule makes Stage 2 easier for providersNov 01 , 2015
- RIMS Medical College to use ZH Healthcare’s blueEHR – “Health IT as a Service”Oct 15 , 2015
- Medicare Advantage premiums remain stable; enrollment at all-time highSep 23 , 2015
- Are you ready for ICD-10? blueEHR can help youSep 09 , 2015
- CMS Accepts 12-Month Grace Period for ICD-10Sep 03 , 2015
- AMA Supports Legislative Effort to Revise the Meaningful Use ProgramAug 26 , 2015
- ZH Healthcare Adds Sid Pandit to Advisory BoardAug 08 , 2015
- ZH Healthcare unveils Health IT as a Service (HITaaS)Jul 29 , 2015
- Emdeon clearinghouse is now integrated with blueEHR!Jul 06 , 2015
- OSEHRA Summit 2015: Open source health record allianceJun 11 , 2015
- ZH Healthcare Adds Benval Group Executive to Advisory BoardJan 23 , 2015
- ZH OpenEMR announces lab interface for OpenEMRApr 22 , 2014
- ZH Healthcare announces membership with Virginia Association of Charitable ClinicsApr 22 , 2014
- TECH BIZNOWApr 22 , 2014
- ZH Healthcare offers the next step in OpenEMR patient portal with progressive new featuresApr 22 , 2014
- Introducing patient portal for OpenEMRApr 22 , 2014