ZH OpenEMR ICD-10 FAQ
Although the compliance date is not until October 1, 2014, it is time to begin planning and preparing for the transition. The following are the questions, along with our response, that you can use in your planning process when speaking with your vendors regarding their ICD-10 readiness.
1. WILL I HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING TO HAVE MY SYSTEM OR INTERFACES UPGRADED?
No. With ZH OpenEMR, your monthly subscription fee covers the cost of the upgrade to ICD-10. With our ZH OpenEMR cloud-based system, you will experience no downtime or interruption to your practice. We will take are of any needed upgrades to accommodate ICD-10.
2. WILL YOU HAVE A MAPPING OR CROSSWALK BETWEEN ICD-9 AND ICD-10?
Currently we do not have plans to have a mapping or crosswalk between ICD-9 and ICD-10. However we are continually looking for ways to ease the transition and where possible provide support to help you ensure quality coding and documentation.
3. ARE THERE ANY NEW HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS ASSOCIATED WITH ICD-10 RELATED SOFTWARE CHANGES?
If you have a subscription to ZH OpenEMR there are no hardware requirements due to having a cloud-based system. Any new storage space needed is a part of your subscription and will be handled by ZH Healthcare.
If you are running an on premise OpenEMR system, although OpenEMR has no special hardware requirements for ICD-10, you will need to verify you have enough disk space to handle the additional codes. Diagnosis codes will increase from 15,000 codes in ICD-9 to 68,000 in ICD-10. Both sets will need to be stored.
4. WHEN WILL YOUR SYSTEM BE READY TO TEST TRANSACTIONS FOR ICD-10?
The ZH OpenEMR will be ready to test transactions for ICD-10 by July 15, 2013
5. WILL ZH HEALTHCARE OFFER ANY TRAINING ON ICD-10 CHANGES?
Yes, we will offer training on any of the changes that are made to the system for ICD-10. Please watch for future notices regarding webinars.
- OpenAPSApr 16 , 2018
- HospitalRunApr 05 , 2018
- CareKitMar 22 , 2018
- OpenTeleHealthMar 09 , 2018
- OpenICEMar 06 , 2018
- OpenClinicMar 02 , 2018
- OpenMRSFeb 23 , 2018
- 10 questions when deciding to go open source (or with OpenEMR)Dec 13 , 2017
- Upgrading OpenEMR 4.1.2 to 4.2.0 in 15 steps.Apr 07 , 2015
- Is an open source EMR (OpenEMR) the right choice for you?Mar 04 , 2015