The Top 10 Benefits of ZH Healthcare's Patient Portal for OpenEMR Users!
Practices using OpenEMR have an invaluable feature in ZH Healthcare’s Patient Portal. When practices transition to OpenEMR either from paper or by converting from expensive or advertisement-oriented EMR’s, the inclusion of ZH Healthcare’s Patient Portal is straightforward and manageable. All practices using OpenEMR can utilize the Patient Portal at no cost to the practice.
The OpenEMR practices and their patients currently using the Patient Portal are enjoying a long list of benefits. Here is our top ten list:
- The time saving ability to have vital, informational documents, such as patient history, completed and signed by patients prior to a physical office visit.
- The integration of data from the forms the patient completes directly into the system without duplication of data entry.
- The ability of the patient to select and confirm appointment time preferences.
- The near-instant verification of eligibility and co-pay. Patients can also pay their provider bill online.
- The flow of income increases as the time between billing decreases through succinct, accurate and timely online billing and payment receipt.
- Practice front desk personnel can swiftly peruse and make adjustments to insurance and demographic data, view accounts, ledgers and statements with the ability to print as needed.
- Patients appreciate the convenient communication method, linking them to their provider like never before. Patients will appreciate the improved access to their providers as their doctor sends messages to them and any other parties involved in their healthcare, foregoing the waiting game of an expected telephone call or mailing service.
- Through the Patient Portal, patients can request refills, referrals, or ask questions that will ensure further clarity.
- Practices operate more efficiently and no longer spend time and revenue on unnecessary and duplicated processes and systems.
- Practices are able to meet communication qualifications for Meaningful Use and become eligible for incentive payments.
The ZH Healthcare Patient Portal is a valuable addition for your on-premise OpenEMR implementation. It saves time, increases patient satisfaction, helps with cash flow, and is free to use.
- ADAMMay 08 , 2018
- OpenAPSApr 16 , 2018
- HospitalRunApr 05 , 2018
- CareKitMar 22 , 2018
- OpenTeleHealthMar 09 , 2018
- OpenICEMar 06 , 2018
- OpenClinicMar 02 , 2018
- OpenMRSFeb 23 , 2018
- 10 questions when deciding to go open source (or with OpenEMR)Dec 13 , 2017
- Upgrading OpenEMR 4.1.2 to 4.2.0 in 15 steps.Apr 07 , 2015