How to Know if Your EMR Training Was a Success
The importance of end-user training cannot be over emphasised for a successful electronic medical records system implementation. While this information is nothing new, administrators and providers may still find it difficult to determine when EMR training has been effective. Fortunately, there are performance indicators and measurable outcomes that can help you determine whether or not an EMR training system has worked for your practice.
Did EMR Training Increase Accuracy?
There is well-documented evidence of EHR systems positively affecting medical practice structure and processes following an effective implementation. In this way, coding accuracy can be a very good indicator of successful training of end users such as providers and their staff. Trends in inaccuracies, such as incorrectly coded patient histories, medication dosages, and more can reflect gaps in training where users need additional instruction or support.
- Are There Variations in Workflow?
Naturally, there will always be some variation in workflow between providers and staff based on personal preferences and style. However, significant variations in identical processes (i.e. medication orders, pharmacy refill requests, or charting items) can be evidence of a critical training gap. One common contributor to such variations is an updated training curriculum, either offered internally or through an EHR vendor, resulting in providers who received two different training programs for the same system. Such differences are a good indicator of where training gaps can be closed.
- Is There a Reduction in Billing Errors?
One critical and easily quantifiable indicator of successful EHR implementation is billing. A successful training program will result in proper and correct coding from billing staff, along with confidence and competency navigating coding regarding insurance, office procedures, Medicare and Medicaid variations, and more. Quantifying billing errors before, during, and after “go-live” can help a practice optimize its EHR system and demonstrate palpable benefits and returns from a successful implementation.
— HITaaS|EHR|PMS (@zhhealthcare) September 15, 2016
- Have Your Providers and Staff Accepted the Records System?
One of the many benefits of adopting an EHR system is increased efficiency and productivity, which is best fostered by system acceptance. Acceptance indicators include feedback from the staff and providers themselves and affect overall morale and EHR utilization. Once providers and staff are receptive and committed to the EHR system, efficiencies can be observed and quantified through waiting room times, technician workup durations, and other measures. These are helpful indicators to determine the overall efficiency of a medical practice, and can also reflect the success of an end-user training program for the records system.
Applying EMR Training Indicators to Optimization
Following EMR training indicators is a great way to ensure that end-user training has been effective. But there are other benefits to these analyses as well, and tracking training outcomes can become a significant part of optimization. Following the implementation of an EHR system, optimization is critical to ensure that you’re getting the most out of your records system.
At ZH Healthcare, we understand that a successful EHR implementation relies on confidence and competency from all providers and staff. That’s why we offer unique, tailored training for our Health IT as a Service (HITaaS) systems like blueEHR, and are readily available with dependable support before, during, and after implementation. Contact us today to learn more about our medical records training and support services, and discover how we can transform the way you do EMR.
Try Blue EHR For free Sign Up Here
- Implementation of an EHR System: What does it look like?Sep 12 , 2019
- Unified Patient Record(UPR): Why You Should Care about ItAug 22 , 2019
- Benefits of an Integrated EHR and Medical Billing SystemAug 01 , 2019
- Federally Qualified Health Centers(FQHCs) and EHR AdoptionJul 08 , 2019
- Integrated Care EHR and the Need for Offline ModeApr 26 , 2019
- G-Code Breakers for FQHCs: Does your EHR qualify?Apr 24 , 2019
- Cloud Based EHR software for Clinical Care in Emerging CountriesSep 18 , 2018
- 3 Major Issues with Immunization Records Management (and How an EHR Can Help)Nov 13 , 2017
- The messaging feature: an ode to cognitive design in EHROct 20 , 2017
- Cloud Based EHR Software: the Key to Shielding Hospitals from Natural DisastersSep 13 , 2017
- MACRA and EHR: Seamless Integration Improves Care QualitySep 08 , 2017
- EHR Workflow: 4 Qualities You Need to SucceedAug 25 , 2017
- Cloud Based EHR Without Internet: the Offline Capabilities RevolutionAug 23 , 2017
- How long can you wait for your EMR to be Back On-Line?Aug 14 , 2017
- What’s the deal with MIPS?Aug 04 , 2017
- Decoding Meaningful Use For Your EHR SystemFeb 24 , 2017
- Web Based Electronic Health Records SoftwareFeb 21 , 2017
- What is the Difference Between an EHR and EMR?Feb 16 , 2017
- What is Certified EHR, and Why is it Important?Jan 13 , 2017
- How Can EHR Improve Patient Care?Oct 21 , 2016
- Critical Roles for EMR Training SuccessSep 20 , 2016
- How to Know if Your EMR Training Was a SuccessSep 15 , 2016
- How to Estimate EMR Training CostsSep 08 , 2016
- Why EHR Training is Crucial for SuccessSep 05 , 2016
- Best Practices in EMR TrainingAug 31 , 2016
- Why Does an EHR System Cost So Much?Aug 29 , 2016
- Trends Impacting EHR CostsAug 23 , 2016
- Understanding the High Cost of EHRJul 11 , 2016
- Understanding the High Cost of EHRJul 11 , 2016
- Understanding EHR Pricing ModelsJul 07 , 2016
- EHR Optimization Benchmarks Your Practice Should Be UsingJul 01 , 2016
- The Positive Impact of Customizing Your EHRJun 20 , 2016
- The Pros and Cons of Customizing Your EHRJun 16 , 2016
- Want EMR Success: Start with Your ProcessesJun 10 , 2016
- What does practice leadership have to do with your EHR?Jun 07 , 2016
- Why EHR Customization MattersJun 01 , 2016
- Your Data Has Value Outside of Your EHRMay 26 , 2016
- Who Owns the Data in Your EHR?May 21 , 2016
- Should You Test Your EHR Data Backup and Restore Process?May 16 , 2016
- Migrating Your EHR DataMay 10 , 2016
- Lessons to be Learned in EMR ImplementationMay 04 , 2016
- How to Avoid the EMR Patient Data Ownership Trap ?Apr 30 , 2016
- Keep Your Staff HIPAA Compliant with these 12 Best PracticesJan 30 , 2016
- A customized Health IT software for InternistsNov 03 , 2015
- Why physicians should implement electronic health records soonOct 20 , 2015
- Access to Medical RecordsOct 08 , 2015
- How to get ready for ICD-10?Sep 30 , 2015
- Save time & money by checking insurance eligibility of patientsAug 25 , 2015
- Gain control of no-shows and protect your bottom lineApr 22 , 2015
- One simple way to improve patient collections by 50%Mar 17 , 2015
- 3 Big HR Mistakes practices make when adopting an EMRJan 23 , 2015
- What is an Electronic Health Solution?Jan 19 , 2015
- What is EHR Interoperability? How Does it Benefit your Practice?Apr 22 , 2014
- How long can you wait for your EMR to be Back On-Line?Apr 22 , 2014
- The IT Benefits of Cloud Based EHRsApr 22 , 2014
- 5 Revenue cycle management Issues that could be Injuring your PracticeApr 22 , 2014
- TIPs for Choosing a Customizable EMR to fit your PracticeApr 22 , 2014
- 3 Common Mistakes That Can Scuttle Your EHR ImplementationApr 22 , 2014
- What’s the Difference between EMR and EHR?Apr 22 , 2014
- 3 Essential elements improve medical billing CollectionsApr 22 , 2014
- 32 Million Reasons you need an EMR Now!Apr 22 , 2014
- Vendor Selection is only the First Step of EMR Success!Apr 22 , 2014
- The 4 Big EHR Implementation Challenges Small Practices Face!Apr 22 , 2014
- 5 Signs that You need a New Billing Services Provider!Apr 22 , 2014
- Top 4 Reasons Small Medical Practices consider New EMR Solutions!Apr 22 , 2014
- Top 4 features Health Care Providers are looking for in their next EHRApr 22 , 2014
- 7 Things Providers Should Know and Do for Transitioning to ICD-10Apr 22 , 2014
- 3 Criteria for Selecting a Billing Services ProviderApr 22 , 2014
- The ZH Patient Portal gives Patients the Advantage!Apr 22 , 2014
- Why Your Practice Should be Using a Patient PortalApr 22 , 2014