Benefits of an Integrated EHR and Medical Billing System
- By Shah Rook Shameem
- Aug 01 , 2019
We know why EHRs are important. That’s a topic that has been exhaustively discussed. I mean, we accept its importance so much that even the government gave incentives for practitioners to start using them and because of that, finding healthcare practitioners who still don’t use at least a basic EHR system is impossible. And that’s not a bad thing, that’s a good thing.
EHR systems are making the lives of healthcare providers and their patients better by making care provision effective, efficient and simplified.
But why stop there? When the telephone was first created, they were landline and they were only able to and were meant purely for making calls. Now, we have phones that can, on the move, make calls, send emails, help you bank, listen to music, watch videos, take notes, make video calls and so much more. However, doing all of these does not take away from the phones initial purpose of being able to make calls.
You can add onto an existing product, without causing it to stop being effective at its initial purpose.
That’s why we at blueEHR constantly push through and innovate new ways to make our EHR more effective and useful. We don’t want to be complacent, we want our EHR to be a multi-purpose tool that can do more than just the basics and fulfill the needs of our clients.
According to the chatter on the various medical and health IT forums, one of the biggest issues that practices have to deal with is medical billing.
That’s understandable. Not even the best spin doctor in the field will be able to convince anyone that the current medical billing and insurance reimbursement process is a simple and uncomplicated one.
Fixing/alleviating this issue would be a huge help for the healthcare practice, both time wise and financially.
blueEHR customers, who used to use seperate EHR and billing systems and who now use our integrated EHR and medical billing system, have attested to this, by noting that the time saved from not having to enter data multiple times has helped deter user fatigue, as well as providing peace of mind that the data is uniform in the EHR and billing systems.
On that same note, it was relayed to us that the EHR and billing system being under one roof was a huge bonus factor. Beforehand, some of them had to get their EHR system from one vendor and their billing system from another and then try and make these two seperate systems coexist. With the current crop of integrated EHR and medical billing systems, that’s not a problem.
[Read More: Integrated Care EHR and the Need for Offline Mode]
In fact, with the current crop, like mentioned above, the risk of human error leading to non-uniform data is gone; instead of being difficult and time consuming, it is now easy to use, navigate and exchange data from your EHR system to your billing system and vice versa, due to them being interoperable and under one management system.
Due to its simplicity and due to it all being under the same system, it is also easier to review the process and create total transparency about what the workflow is, allowing you to quickly identify problems and fix mistakes, as well as to coordinate your strong areas to provide better care.
The biggest benefit and the one that most in the industry are excited about, is the revenue boost this provides. Here are some of the things that an integrated EHR and medical billing system can do to increase revenue:
- it will eliminate lost paper superbills
- it will electronically generate superbills and then bill insurance carriers
- it will check rejected claims, correct the problem and resubmit them
- it will submit claims and track them
- and there’s more(Read here at blueEHR.com)
Basically, integrating your EHR and medical billing system does nothing but help your business and give you peace of mind. And one of the ways that is achieved, at least in the case of our product, is by scaling your billing system to meet your needs.
That’s because our focus and goals are the same as it was when we started, during the infancy of EHR adoption on a mass scale, when we were the leading code contributors to openEMR, and that is to help healthcare providers worldwide provide the best care possible, while making their lives as easy as possible.
So we guarantee you, whether it’s with us or another vendor, you will not regret investing in an integrated EHR and medical billing system.
- Why are Multi-Specialty Clinics Becoming so Popular?Oct 11 , 2019
- High Tech Solutions for a Low Tech Population – Healthcare ITSep 23 , 2019
- Implementation of an EHR System: What does it look like?Sep 12 , 2019
- Unified Patient Record(UPR): Why You Should Care about ItAug 22 , 2019
- Benefits of an Integrated EHR and Medical Billing SystemAug 01 , 2019
- Federally Qualified Health Centers(FQHCs) and EHR AdoptionJul 08 , 2019
- Integrated Care EHR and the Need for Offline ModeApr 26 , 2019
- G-Code Breakers for FQHCs: Does your EHR qualify?Apr 24 , 2019
- Cloud Based EHR software for Clinical Care in Emerging CountriesSep 18 , 2018
- 3 Major Issues with Immunization Records Management (and How an EHR Can Help)Nov 13 , 2017
- The messaging feature: an ode to cognitive design in EHROct 20 , 2017
- Cloud Based EHR Software: the Key to Shielding Hospitals from Natural DisastersSep 13 , 2017
- MACRA and EHR: Seamless Integration Improves Care QualitySep 08 , 2017
- EHR Workflow: 4 Qualities You Need to SucceedAug 25 , 2017
- Cloud Based EHR Without Internet: the Offline Capabilities RevolutionAug 23 , 2017
- How long can you wait for your EMR to be Back On-Line?Aug 14 , 2017
- What’s the deal with MIPS?Aug 04 , 2017
- Decoding Meaningful Use For Your EHR SystemFeb 24 , 2017
- Web Based Electronic Health Records SoftwareFeb 21 , 2017
- What is the Difference Between an EHR and EMR?Feb 16 , 2017
- What is Certified EHR, and Why is it Important?Jan 13 , 2017
- How Can EHR Improve Patient Care?Oct 21 , 2016
- Critical Roles for EMR Training SuccessSep 20 , 2016
- How to Know if Your EMR Training Was a SuccessSep 15 , 2016
- How to Estimate EMR Training CostsSep 08 , 2016
- Why EHR Training is Crucial for SuccessSep 05 , 2016
- Best Practices in EMR TrainingAug 31 , 2016
- Why Does an EHR System Cost So Much?Aug 29 , 2016
- Trends Impacting EHR CostsAug 23 , 2016
- Understanding the High Cost of EHRJul 11 , 2016
- Understanding the High Cost of EHRJul 11 , 2016
- Understanding EHR Pricing ModelsJul 07 , 2016
- EHR Optimization Benchmarks Your Practice Should Be UsingJul 01 , 2016
- The Positive Impact of Customizing Your EHRJun 20 , 2016
- The Pros and Cons of Customizing Your EHRJun 16 , 2016
- Want EMR Success: Start with Your ProcessesJun 10 , 2016
- What does practice leadership have to do with your EHR?Jun 07 , 2016
- Why EHR Customization MattersJun 01 , 2016
- Your Data Has Value Outside of Your EHRMay 26 , 2016
- Who Owns the Data in Your EHR?May 21 , 2016
- Should You Test Your EHR Data Backup and Restore Process?May 16 , 2016
- Migrating Your EHR DataMay 10 , 2016
- Lessons to be Learned in EMR ImplementationMay 04 , 2016
- How to Avoid the EMR Patient Data Ownership Trap ?Apr 30 , 2016
- Keep Your Staff HIPAA Compliant with these 12 Best PracticesJan 30 , 2016
- A customized Health IT software for InternistsNov 03 , 2015
- Why physicians should implement electronic health records soonOct 20 , 2015
- Access to Medical RecordsOct 08 , 2015
- How to get ready for ICD-10?Sep 30 , 2015
- Save time & money by checking insurance eligibility of patientsAug 25 , 2015
- Gain control of no-shows and protect your bottom lineApr 22 , 2015
- One simple way to improve patient collections by 50%Mar 17 , 2015
- 3 Big HR Mistakes practices make when adopting an EMRJan 23 , 2015
- What is an Electronic Health Solution?Jan 19 , 2015
- What is EHR Interoperability? How Does it Benefit your Practice?Apr 22 , 2014
- How long can you wait for your EMR to be Back On-Line?Apr 22 , 2014
- The IT Benefits of Cloud Based EHRsApr 22 , 2014
- 5 Revenue cycle management Issues that could be Injuring your PracticeApr 22 , 2014
- TIPs for Choosing a Customizable EHR to fit your PracticeApr 22 , 2014
- 3 Common Mistakes That Can Scuttle Your EHR ImplementationApr 22 , 2014
- What’s the Difference between EMR and EHR?Apr 22 , 2014
- 3 Essential elements improve medical billing CollectionsApr 22 , 2014
- 32 Million Reasons you need an EMR Now!Apr 22 , 2014
- Vendor Selection is only the First Step of EMR Success!Apr 22 , 2014
- The 4 Big EHR Implementation Challenges Small Practices Face!Apr 22 , 2014
- 5 Signs that You need a New Billing Services Provider!Apr 22 , 2014
- Top 4 Reasons Small Medical Practices consider New EMR Solutions!Apr 22 , 2014
- Top 4 features Health Care Providers are looking for in their next EHRApr 22 , 2014
- 7 Things Providers Should Know and Do for Transitioning to ICD-10Apr 22 , 2014
- 3 Criteria for Selecting a Billing Services ProviderApr 22 , 2014
- The ZH Patient Portal gives Patients the Advantage!Apr 22 , 2014
- Why Your Practice Should be Using a Patient PortalApr 22 , 2014